Monday, September 29, 2008

So while Ty and I were at his football game Gino,Brok,Jace,Paytan,Jason,Wyett,and Bryli went for an all day ride. They went to the Savanic Mine and the Grand Gulch mine. Getting there is quite a trek but they enjoyed it. It is one of my favorite rides although I don't like going in the Savanic mine it scares the crap out of me. Last time we went Gino and Jason took Tonya and I about 30 feet down and we had a little bit of an issue in one part of the mine. Is all I can say is I will try everything once. I will NEVER go crawling through a mine again. I think I also speak for Tonya on that one. I will leave crazy things like that up to Gino. One of the many reasons I keep his life insurance paid. The Grand Gulch mine is quite neat and I enjoy going there. Gino's grandfather worked there many years ago. There are really no mines around their and I'm not sure why it's called a mine. Guess I will have to do some research.


Brok and Paytan climbing to the top. Paytan is not liking it so much.


This is the part of the ride that is alittle rough. That trail of rock in front of Gino he still has to climb before you get to the top.


Old dump truck at Grand Gulch


In front of a huge kiln at Grand Gulch


Entrance to the Savanic mine


Down in the Savanic mine

1 comment:

Ludvigson Family said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like quite an adventure. I don't know if I could make it up the steep rock hill, and I can't believe they go down into the mine. I used to live on the edge and be more of a thrill seeker, now I just think of how dangerous everything is. I need to find my old self again. I drive my kids, and Justin nuts.