Sunday, June 29, 2008

OK as if we didn't have enough going on this summer. Thursday I had spent the day helping Julie move into her house and my friend Becky called a girls night which I really needed. It was about 8:30 and Gino called my cell to tell my he was picking me up we had to take Brok to the ER. He looks pretty good in this picture because the meds had kicked in. After and x-ray and cat scan we were told that Brok had fractured his skull (above the left eye),fractured his collar bone (left side) and fractured a bone in his right hand. He is pretty lucky considering. The bottom picture shows how he slid down the road and the back of his ear looks just as bad. I guess he was trying to bunny hope the curb at the Rec. center and his front tire hit first sending him flying. Thats what everyone who was there says. He will be like this for atleast 6 weeks if everythings heals properly. We are not sure if he will get to play football which starts sometime in July. We've made it 13 years so far and never had a broken bone or stitch. I guess between Jace and Brok I'm hoping anyway that we have taken care of the injuries for the next 13 years. Unlucky 13!

2 comments:

Julz said...

Oh man Kendra that is awful! I'm so glad that he is going to be okay, though!!! PLEASE- if you need any help with anything let me know, okay? Hang in there Brok!

Ludvigson Family said...

Ouch! That looks painful. I thought for sure it was from his motor bike. I can't believe he got hurt that bad on a pedal bike crash! I think you should be covered on the injury list for the next 13 years!